Thursday, February 01, 2007

Never Give It 100%




Looking back, throughout these months, I've learned a lot of lessons and have really grown as a person. If you enjoyed the above sentence, then you'll be happy to know I've spent the last three months ripping out pages from self improvement books that I got from the library so that I could have something nice glittery to say.

But I did it all out of love for you, the faceless readers of my blog... or perhaps just to make myself feel important. But enough about you, let's talk about me, K?

This is one insight I've gained: Never give 100% on any given task. Save that for the Wal-Mart greeters on a fixed income and the teenagers who have to go out in the rain and get the shopping carts.

100% means you will exhaust your effort too quickly and it will no longer be fun. There's a thin line between obession and passion, and sometimes it can feel like your walking a faded line. Go for around 70%.

Till next time.

No comments: